[mohaa] argh!! help please!

Largo largo at current.nu
Thu Sep 19 10:35:28 EDT 2002

hey charles :)

yeah, I was trying the net_ip, but not the net_port... either way, it will
say it's opening the right IP and port, but still shows my IP below that as
being the internal one...
also, it won't launch the server unless I specify +map dm/mohdm1 on the
command line as well. doesn't seem to matter what I put in my cfg.

------->8----snip------>8------
Opening IP socket: 24.247.141.170:12203
Hostname: chan.acherondesign.com
Alias: chan
IP: 192.168.0.1
------->8----snip------>8------

also, even if I let it use the default IP address (192.168.0.1) and try to
connect to it from another box on my lan (192.168.0.2), it doesn't see it
and won't connect.

I also had to set the fs_basepath, because the server kept tacking on the
name of the executable as part of the path, was very irritating... for
instance, if I launched mohaa_lnxded from /usr/local/games/mohaa/, (where
the main/ dir was in /usr/local/games/mohaa/main/) it would look for the
main/ dir in /usr/local/games/mohaa/mohaa_lnxded/main/ and even if I
changed the name of the binary to mohaaded, then it would just look for
main/ in /usr/local/games/mohaa/mohaaded/main/
I initially just got frustrated and moved main/ to ~/.mohaa/main/ and it
"worked" from there (ie; it found the files at least)

for the record, I was using a command line something along the lines of
bash$ mohaaded +set g_gametype 1 +set net_ip 24.247.141.170 +map dm/mohdm1
+set fs_basepath /usr/local/games/mohaa
and it would look like the server was starting fine, but I couldn't see it
or connect to it from this box (192.168.0.2)

if it helps, my topology is as such:
192.168.0.1/24.247.141.170 <-- multi-homed linux router doing NAT for the
LAN. (slackware 8.1pre running kernel 2.4.18)
192.168.0.2 <-- windowsXP box which I'm typing this from.

thanks for any help... I remember having to jump through some hoops to get
Q3A running on my NAT box about a year ago... but it did end up working
with a similar commandline to above... I wish I could figure out why this
one won't :(