[mohaa] multi ports

[-SF-]Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Wed Sep 11 09:21:20 EDT 2002

Hey Warren,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.  I had to take care of a couple of
family things that popped up yesterday unexpectedly.

> Now Shock, is there any way we can parse banning by name into this
> structure?  Or is this on the to-do list?

I hadn't considered using player name as a way of banning people because I
have seen many occasions where two different people have used the same name.
Even in the case of IP address there can be innocent victims.  Anyone using
a Dial-up Internet account which employs DHCP will basically get a new IP
address every time they connect.  If you have any suggestions or can give me
a better idea of what you need, I'd be happy to discuss the issue with you
further.

> Only real bug I've found is when the client spews a series of rapid-fire
> status commands once in a while, and then stops running status altogether
> until it's restarted (the client, not the server).  Any thoughts to this?

Technically speaking, the operating system is supposed to buffer all the
data being sent to the client so this kind of thing doesn't happen.  Are you
saying that the client stops responding even to local commands like "/?" or
"/f off"?  What about any keyboard input at all?  Does what you type show on
the screen?  Does a <Ctrl><C> abort the process cleanly or are there still
processes left?  I just want to be sure I understand what you mean by "stops
running" before I attempt a fix.

One of my primary short-term goals is to make the tool easier to install and
configure.  If there are any issues you had trying to get it running or
ideas that would've made it easier for you, please let me know.  I'd like to
get the installation and configuration stuff squared way before I begin work
on some of the enhancements we have talked about for the next release.

Shockwave