[mohaa] Admin tool ready for testing

Warren Woodward warrenw at xmission.com
Mon Sep 9 16:54:41 EDT 2002

OK, that made too much sense for me to have considered early on a Monday
morning.  I get it now, and this is pretty slick (I also made a full-path
alias to the client for ease).

Now,screen is working nicely, and the server is broadcasting the messages
just right.  But I can still join from my "banned" laptop.  Also, is there
anything in effect yet in the client tool that automatically adds a banned
IP to the ban.cfg?  Or does it need to be added manually?  And if so, does
the client need to be restarted, or will it read the edited ban.cfg on the
fly?

One other thing. What's the clean kill command for this?  Anytime I ctrl-c
it, I have to clean up leftover tails, etc.  Not a big problem... just
wondering if it's been addressed yet.  I know, I know... give them an
inch...

Sorry if you've answered these already.  Somewhere in the midsts of
playing with all this I have a few thousand DSL users to take care of,
too.  :p

Incidentally, if you're interested in trying this server out yourself,
it's freakshow.xmission.com (default port, the other on 12204 isn't
running this code yet).

But seriously, this rules.  I like it.
--
warren woodward