[mohaa] Server control programs for Linux

scratch scratch at xmission.com
Thu Sep 5 13:51:28 EDT 2002

Again, this all sounds great, but I'm confused about the console output.  Am
I the only one who receives completely munged scoring info in the console?
And I don't mean gibberish, I mean it's simply incorrect.  I remember this
being a bug developers have had with other games using the Q3 engine, so I
assumed it was a known issue.  Also, Crow's AutoKick does not have
tk-banning enabled yet for what I assumed to be precisely this reason.  One
can't kick negative scores when the scores reported are inaccurate.  Like I
mentioned before, I have to join the game and check the score as spectator
to see what the hell is really going on -- which is particularly difficult
to do as often as necessary, especially considering I'm running multiple
dedicated ports (thank God school is back in session here... now I only have
to monitor from about 4 to 10 pm.. heh).

So, is it just me?

FYI, Shockwave, Crow's uses RCON to enforce bans simply by running an "rcon
status" at whatever interval you decide and kicking any name or IP it
recognizes as banned.  Works OK, I guess, but I'd be much more happy with
something that was native to the server and handled multiple ports.

scratch-