[mohaa] Solaris 8 MOHAA Dedicated Server

Charles dna at home.martnet.com
Wed Oct 30 12:11:42 EST 2002

Here's Ryan's official take from the UT03 Faq..  Not the same entirely,
but I think the same thing applies:

Q: Can you port the server/client to Sparc/MIPS/Alpha/ARM/my toaster?
  A: This would require time, money, and permission from Epic. Not to
     mention 3D drivers if you want the client. Nothing is impossible,
     but the likelihood is low. Please don't send me any signed
     petitions, either.

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Andrew A. Chen wrote:

> I believe he's said before that he would require you to not only pay him for time
> to port it to another platform, but also loan him hardware for him to do local
> development on.  So I guess the answer to that would be no.  This is probably due
> in part to the fact that most of the server code belongs to EA, and isn't open
> source.
>
> At 08:58 AM 10/30/2002, you wrote:
>
>       Is the source available anywhere for recompiling on other OS s/hardware
>       platforms?
>

>       Norman Dressler
>
>       Management Consultant
>
>       DINMAR Consulting Inc.

Charles Rehill
Martnet Support

                                martnet.com
                              "Get Hooked Up"

Customer Care Center:  888.530.3552 (toll free)   215.551.3552 (in Philly)
                       sales at martnet.com          support at martnet.com
                       PO Box 42472  Philadelphia, PA 19101

             Domain transfer and registration for ONLY $15/year!
                  http://www.martnet.com/services/whois.php

                 Refer your friends to Martnet and get $$$$!
               http://www.martnet.com/services/referral.shtml