[mohaa] rcon commands

[-SF-]Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Wed Oct 23 20:34:40 EDT 2002

Without having access to the log file for the server, it's almost impossible
to say what is causing this.  One thing you can try to do is look at the
console output in your game client.  If you have been rejected due to a high
ping, it will say so.  Otherwise, I'm not sure that you will be able to tell
much.

I can tell you that if you were connecting to a server controlled by my
administration tool and your name and/or IP address was banned, you would
connect to the game for a split second and then be disconnected because you
would be identified as an active player who is on the ban list.  The
administrator has the ability to add and remove ban entries at will which
would allow him to activate and deactivate a player ban with relative ease.
It would cause you to experience the exact same thing you say is happening.
I wait until the player has finished connecting to the game server, but it
is possible to identify banned players before they have completed the
connection process.

I wish I could help you more, but as I said before it is almost impossible
to tell what is happening without having access to the game server log file.
Even is you did determine that it was the admin or an automated program,
there is precious little you can do about it.  If I were you, I'd find
another server to play on that doesn't give you an ulcer just trying to
connect to it.  =)

Shockwave