[mohaa] bf1942 and mohaa updates.

Richard Harrison richardnharrison at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 12 10:20:34 EDT 2002

Ryan,

a few suggestions (I am not sure if they fall into the conversion type arena
or the general development arena which you might not be able to do).

1) Is it possible to get the whole pure server thing running properly?

2) How's about getting the whole password protection system working
correctly. Unless I am doing things wrong the only way I can password
protect my server is to bump up the Private clients to the maxclients number
and then issue a private password to all (even the other clan) to play. I
have never been able to put a general public password in to the server and
it to work.

3) Better player logging information
	Showing what team they joined
	Showing who they killed
	Showing what weapon they used
	The reverse of those two who killed the player and with what weapon which
should help routing out TK'ers.

4) Can we have a way of saying which weapons are available at any one time?
i.e. I only want people to be able to use the rifle.

5) This is more of a question leading onto a request. When I issue a maplist
command does it display what's on my local machine or what's on the server?
If its on the server is there any chance of being able to issue a map change
for the server by double clicking on the map name in that list that appears.

6) A Demo facility

7) Commands to individual players such as
	T 3 <Chat string>
	Meaning Talk to player 3.

8) A way to prevent people from going to spectator mode (handy to prevent
those people who just like to get the occasional spying session in when in a
match mode).

9) One that all developers hate (me included) documentation on all the
commands and variables. (ok stop laughing :)

Some of those are more developments and your TOR probably means its out of
scope, but maybe there is an odd one that could be implemented. If out of
all of them I would like to see 1, 2 & 3 the most.

Cheers,

Hazzie.