[mohaa] log file?

[-SF-]Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Sat Nov 23 11:18:46 EST 2002

MessageLuke,

Are you looking in the right "main" directory?  By default, the server will create the log file in a hidden directory under the home directory of the user who started the server.  Try executing this command as the user who started the server once you have the server running:

ls -l ~/.mohaa/main

It should show a file named qconsole.log with a current date/time stamp on it.  If not, get to the game server console and type this command:

fs_outputpath

It should echo back something like what my server does. I'm logged in as "tom" right now running a test server with the default settings and this is what I got:

"fs_outputpath" is:"/home/tom/.mohaa" default:"/home/tom/.mohaa"

The game server will automatically append "main" to the end of whatever this cvar's value is.  In my case the log file will be created in:

/home/tom/.mohaa/main/

Next, type this in the game server console:

logfilename

If you haven't overriden this setting it should echo back this:

"logfilename" is:"qconsole.log" default:"qconsole.log"

The game server puts these two pieces together in order to form the fully qualified path to the log file.  In our example, the file created will be this:

/home/tom/.mohaa/main/qconsole.log

Using whatever your cvars are set to, you should be able to find the location of your log file as well.  If you still can't find it, post the output that you get when you try each of these commands and I'm sure we can figure it out.

Shockwave