[mohaa] Linux Dedicated Server

[-SF-]Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Tue Nov 12 13:54:25 EST 2002

Hello Ian,

The part of the server log that mentions WAV files is weird.  The server
shouldn't need to access them at all.  I deleted a lot of the Windows files
when I copied the game files to my Linux server and the server runs fine.
Here's a link to an older thread in this forum that talks about the files
necessary:

http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?23:mss:1000:200209:becndohegadocj
oaedpp

By the way, if you're looking for *.scr files, they are located inside the
PK3 files themselves.  The PK3 files can actually be opened in WinZip if you
want to take a peek at what's inside.

Regarding starting the server, you need the following at a minimum to have
it be ready for players to join:

./mohaa_lnxded +set g_gametype 2 +map dm/mohdm1

You can substitute whatever alternate values you like for these two
arguments, but they are necessary for it to launch and be ready for players
to join.  I also found it interesting that you had this line in your log:

> > WARNING: had to sanitize the name for client 0

I think this means that the name of the player that joined (since it's
client 0 it is the first player since the server started) contains invalid
characters.  It's strange that the server has problems immediately following
this event.  In any case, I would agree with what the others have said.  Do
a binary FTP of all the required files to your Linux server using the link I
mentioned above as a guide, and try again.

Shockwave