[mohaa] Linux Dedicated Server

Heikki Kokko heikki.kokko at tromso.online.no
Tue Nov 12 12:47:50 EST 2002

It smells like something's fishy with your .wav files, probably
with some other files as well.

If you managed to mount your Win2k partition to linux, why
didn't you just "cp -vR source target" the things over instead
of  using tar back and forth? If your Win2k partition is on
another machine, you could also try initiating ftp from the
Win2k machine to linux.

I am using my linux box as samba server, so it was no problem to
copy the game over from Windoze machine to a shared samba resource.
If you have everything in the same machine, that can be trickier. NTFS
support in linux is more or less experimental, though reading should go
well.

I keep getting the lines "couldn't exec localized.cfg" & "couldn't exec
custom.cfg",
as well as the "corrupted" & "Add to the *_precache.scr", but the server
seems
to be running fine.

You could try putting your "g_gametype 1" & "map dm/mohdm1" lines in a
file, for instance "myconfig.cfg", and then start the server with command
line
./mohaa_lnxded +exec myconfig.cfg
In the long run you end up with all too many commands to type in on console
every time you start up your server.

However, at this point I think you should try copying the game directory
over from Win2k to linux again. If you are sure that your pak files are
fine,
you can skip them, just copy the rest of it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Heikki