CPU Utilization Per Player?

wbashlor at wayxcable.com wbashlor at wayxcable.com
Thu Nov 7 15:03:30 EST 2002

Hi all,

Just curious how many people can get in on one server. Of course I know it
will vary depending on the processor, RAM, ect. I just would like to know
your personal experience of how many players your server and/or bandwidth
can handle and what you have. In the next couple of days I'll be launching a
dedicated MOH server on a P-III 600MHz with 512MB RAM, etc. over a 45mbps
T-3. I'm sure I'll be limited to the number of players by CPU utilization
and not bandwidth. :) Currently I'm using a P-II 233MHz, 256MB RAM and I can
get about 10 players before the CPU pegs 95-100%. So what do you have?

-Will
Cable ISP Admin
CCNA, CCAI, 75%NP