[mohaa] MOHAA LINUX INSTALATION

Heikki Kokko heikki.kokko at tromso.online.no
Mon Nov 4 17:13:31 EST 2002

Boa noite, Sete Colinas.

I just went through trying to figure out the same myself, and I almost gave
up.
Almost, but then I foud out about the right syntax in the configuration
files.
It must have been too complicated to make a simple HOWTO somewhere...

You can start the game by by executing ./mohaa_lnxded in the game directory.
If I did only this, the server tried to start but never really got all the
way up.

If you want to use a certain configuration file while starting,
you put the file in the "main" directory and then run
./mohaa_lnxded +exec filename.cfg

I found the HOWTO file for running "Quake III" in linux very useful:
http://ldp.ist.utl.pt/HOWTO/Game-Server-HOWTO/quake3.html

Here's my faulty ffa.cfg file
(start game with ./mohaa_lnxded +exec ffa.cfg):
set sv_hostname "Test FFA DM"
set sv_maxclients 4
set g_motd "My little Battleground"
set g_forcerespawn 15
set rconpassword "guerra"
set g_gametype 1
set fraglimit 50
set timelimit 16
map dm/mohdm1

//Here's the map-cycle. When fraglimit or timelimit is reached, the map is
automatically changed.
//Otherwise it would just play the same map again.
set m1 "dm/mohdm1; set nextmap vstr m2"
set m2 "dm/mohdm2; set nextmap vstr m3"
set m3 "dm/mohdm3; set nextmap vstr m4"
set m4 "dm/mohdm4; set nextmap vstr m5"
set m5 "dm/mohdm5; set nextmap vstr m6"
set m6 "dm/mohdm6; set nextmap vstr m7"
set m7 "dm/mohdm7; set nextmap vstr m1"

As you can see, I copied most of it from Quake III example.
However, I didn't get the map names right, you only get to
the Southern France. Anyway, the server started OK and game run
smoothly - with me online alone - with my P133/48MHz multi-purpose
home server.

Does anybody know any good links to some configuration files,
or better yet, instructions on making one?

Probably one has to try and fail with the Quake material.

Good luck.
Heikki, 69°N