[mohaa] "Spawn Hack" and server crashes

JNagle at franuniv.edu JNagle at franuniv.edu
Mon Nov 4 09:55:43 EST 2002

Antonio you are right...sort of....it is a Windows based program yes BUT it
uses the rcon command to connect to a LINUX Server and monitor it....so if
you have a PC on a DSL/Cable/T1+ connection then just install the Windows
based client and it will connect to the Linux server protecting it. The
only thing I learned was that the players have to put the IP of the WINDOWS
ANTI-CHEAT SERVER in their anti-cheat CLIENT to have their files checked so
make sure the ANTI-CHEAT SERVER is not behind a firewall or if it is you
would need to open the proper ports. Here is the exact page to download it
from:

http://www.withoutprice.com/ponto40/default.asp?id=7&mnu=7

 I think this will help us all. The only downfall is people have to go
download it or they get disconnected within 30 seconds (adjustable) and it
tells them where they can download the client. People are lazy and this
usually causes your server to have less players than normal. The only plus
is at least the people left are all in favor of a 'clean' game!

Zaphod
Leader of MOSS

                    Antonio
                    Cristovão             To:     <mohaa at icculus.org>
                    <acristovao at co        cc:
                    mpulab.pt>            Subject:     RE: [mohaa] "Spawn Hack" and server
                                          crashes
                    11/04/2002
                    05:11 AM
                    Please respond
                    to mohaa

I know a way to stop cheaters to enter with wallhack

install POINT40, you can download at www.alliedassault.dk
<http://www.alliedassault.dk>

but this is for windows... not linux