[mohaa] "Spawn Hack" and server crashes

[-SF-]Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Sun Nov 3 10:00:07 EST 2002

Hello again,

It seems that there is now a fix out for this problem.  Here are the links to the news item and the file itself:

http://www.mohadmin.com/nuke/
http://www.mohadmin.com/nuke/download/MoHAAPatch.zip

The people involved in producing this patch still haven't responded to my request for information about how this exploit works which is disappointing.  If anyone has any more information about this, I think it would be a good idea to discuss it further.  The idea of compiling a new fgameded.so file from a Windows installation using an unofficial patch program in order to fix an unexplained server exploit makes me a bit uneasy.  Maybe it's just me.

Shockwave