[mohaa] Missleading pings?

Eric Koldeweij eric at no-sense.net
Tue Jul 30 19:47:57 EDT 2002

On a T1 with sv_maxRate set to 7000 you can accomodate 28 players, provided
no other servers are running (like apache or other game servers)

If your box is underpowered pings can fly up too. The MOHAA server gobbles
up 80Mb easily. I found 128 Mb RAM unacceptable for a non-Xwindows linux 2.4
box running MOHAA (had to shut off apache and all other servers to have it
run smoothly), so I recommend at least 256Mb RAM and over 600Mhz PIII or
equivalent.

And don't forget, those poor 56K modem gamers won't ever get a low ping :)

Eric.