[mohaa] server loging

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Jul 25 12:52:44 EDT 2002

> This is how I am starting my server....
> screen -d -m su root -c "/usr/local/games/mohaa/mohaa_lnxded +set developer
> 1 +exec default.cfg

Don't run the server as root, if you have a choice. If someone finds a
buffer overflow exploit, they can _really_ wreak havoc on your server if
you are root.

> With this entry below in the default.cfg file - I would expect to be logging
> to the file games.log - unfortunately I am not... What am I missing.....  Do
> I need to create a file called games.log and if so is it in the main
> directory or the /usr/local/games/mohaa directory

I think it's trying to open /root/.mohaa/main/logs/games.log, but the
"logs" directory doesn't exist...logfilename doesn't expect there to be a
directory mentioned, but it will probably work if you manually create it.

--ryan.