Observation of sv_maxrate

Matthew Hall leareth at angui.sh
Tue Jul 23 18:49:41 EDT 2002

Launched a server without setting this - occasionally the
clients would default to "99999" - I Think this caused
extreme lag because each client with this setting was trying
to take more than their fair share of my bandwidth, hurting
the server in general.

num score ping name            lastmsg address               qport rate
  0    10   51 xxxxxxxxx            50 xxxxxxxxxxxx:12203    56987 20000

So watch the rate settings out there!                              ^^^^^

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.
unreal://angui.sh                            | leareth at angui.sh