Beta is done!

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Tue Jul 23 02:35:53 EDT 2002

Tada! That was quick, wasn't it?  :)

Thank you all for your help in bugsmashing. I'm sending a final build off
to EA in the morning (which means the non-expiring build will be available
in a few days, if not by tomorrow night). I am confident the server is
pretty stable.

But juuuuuuust in case it isn't, the bugtracking system at
https://bugzilla.icculus.org/ and this mailing list will remain in place.
Naturally, if any bugs pop up, they will (hopefully) be fixed and new
binaries released, so don't hesistate to make use of this resource!

If you want to keep talking about the linux server (or report bugs), feel
free to do so. In lieu of bugs, general discussion is welcome. If you want
nothing more to do with it, send a blank email to mohaa-unsubscribe at icculus.org
to get off the list (and email me directly if that doesn't work).

Finally, if you haven't sent me an email (off list, please!) with how you
want your name listed in the "thank you" section of the README file,
please do so; you have until I wake up in the morning to respond...if you
don't email me, I'll assume you don't want to be listed, and won't list you.

Here's what I've got so far for the README. Please make sure your name is
correct if it's there.

--ryan.

Credits and thank yous:

Making the MOH:AA server run on Linux was the result of many people's efforts.
Here's an incomplete list of people that negotiated for, worked on, and
tested the Linux version:

EA and 2015:
  - David Howe
  - Vince Zampella

The primary testers:
  - Dekard and OFxLedzeplin at GameAdmins (http://www.gameadmins.com/)
  - Chris Warden at The Cyberspace Matrix (http://www.cyberspacematrix.net/)

The beta testers, in no specific order:
  - Rudi "flurk" Donne
  - [MOSS]-Zaphod
  - [^DD^]Hellboy, www.devil-dogs.net
  - Andrew Chen
  - Per W Sandberg, Norway
  - Eric Koldeweij, The Netherlands.
  - Matt "French school girls" H.
  - Charles "wokka" Goldsmith
  - Damon aka Dc||
  - Sam <Wintrmte> Evans (who let me have ssh access to his server!)
  - ...and a cast of thousands. You know who you are; thank you!

Others:
  - zakk, for ongoing support.
  - alkini, for risking linux gamer flames.
  - vogon, for battling ninjas.
  - zeph, for all sorts of stuff.

Me:
  - Ryan C. Gordon  (http://icculus.org/)