[mohaa] Wrapping up the beta.

Per W Sandberg pilly at online.no
Mon Jul 22 16:15:12 EDT 2002

> > Also make sure the "dedicated" cvar is set to "2",
> "sv_gamespy" is set
> > to "1".
>
> It also looks like it doesn't send heartbeats right away. If
> you aren't advertising on GameSpy, leave the server up for a
> minute or two and check again.

I have never run the Windoze srv version, so could anyone please tell me
exactly how
this "heartbeat" output looks like? My srv outputs like this:

"SV packet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx : getstatus"

once in a while, is this it?

However, seems like my srv started doing this after I
defined cvar "developer"=1. Anyway, my srv announced itself just
fine on GS both *before* and *after* this.

PS. If you're running a Linux ipchange firewall like Thrustwall,
IPCop etc. you will not see your own srv in GameSpy - I think
it's the NAT or portforwarding that does this. I have to connect
to the internal ip to play, others connect via GS. If I disable my
LAN connection and connects via ISDN, I see my srv just fine :)

--
Per W Sandberg
pilly at online.no
+47 934 03 304