[mohaa] console reattatch

charles 'wokka' goldsmith wokka at justfamily.org
Sat Jul 20 09:50:46 EDT 2002

I use a much simpler script than what you see in the other replies...

#!/bin/sh
if `killall -CHLD "q3ded2" >/dev/null 2>&1`; then
exit 0
fi
"/quake3-2"

this script will only run once... it checks for process 'q3ded2' (same as
looking for the process in ps aux) and if it doesn't find it, will run
/quake3-2

i run this once every 5 minutes in cron... and have one of these for each of
my game servers...  each server has to have a unique executable name... when
why i copied the q3ded to q3ded2