[mohaa] Public beta #2.

JNagle at franuniv.edu JNagle at franuniv.edu
Fri Jul 19 09:33:52 EDT 2002

Ryan,
         Did you or anyone include the newer updated patch fils to 1.11?

Jason Nagle
Network Tech
A+ Certified  Service Professional

                    "Ryan C. Gordon"
                    <icculus at cluttere        To:     <mohaa at icculus.org>
                    dmind.org>               cc:
                                             Subject:     [mohaa] Public beta #2.
                    07/18/2002 11:58
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    mohaa

MOH:AA/Linux Public Beta #2 is now available. It consists of a few fixes
and requests over public beta #1 that we've discussed over the last few
days.

Grab it here:
http://icculus.org/betas/mohaa/mohaa_lnxded_publicbeta2.tar.bz2

The included binaries (fgameded.so and mohaa_lnxded) should just be copied
over the previous ones, and you're good to go.

There may be one more public beta in a day or two before we declare this
ready for official, non-beta release. If this goes well, we may call this
the last beta. We'll see how effectively y'all break things.  :)

Here's the changelog:

- Added cvar: logfilename ... defaults to "qconsole.log" ... use it, along
  with fs_outputpath, to put your logfiles somewhere else.
- Added command: writeconfig <filename> ... will write out some relevant
cvars
  to {fs_outputpath}/main/config/<filename>.
- Added md5sums to the README.
- No longer tries to create $HOME/.mohaa ... instead, it creates
  {fs_outputpath} and {fs_userpath}, and does not abort if mkdir() fails.
  (these cvars both default to $HOME/.mohaa)
- Runs realpath() on paths before checking them for pk3 files...this
prevents
  the same files from being added multiple times when fs_basepath has a
  relative path, etc.
- Compiled on The Holy Build Box for maximum glibc compatibility.

Have fun!

--ryan.