MOHAA messages

Eric Koldeweij eric at no-sense.net
Fri Jul 19 08:49:49 EDT 2002

All,

I get those messages (yea I know everyone does :) ) about adding stuff
to cache. For instance:

=========================
^~^~^ Add the following line to the *_precache.scr map script:
cache models/items/dm_50_healthbox.tik
=========================

I read someone has fixed this.
My 1st question: How do you fix it - I don't see any *precache.scr file
anywhere, is it embedded in a pk3 somewhere?
2nd Question: Will there be any (performance) advantage when those lines
are added? Or should I just stop whining? ;)
3rd and last question: I have the server running now using cfg files
ripped from my QuakeIII server, and adding/changing some cvars I found
on here. It worx but I'd like to have a complete list of cvars used by a
MOHAA dedicated server. Does anyone know where I can find such a list?

Last but not least: the server here has been running for almost 2 days
now, most of the time under full load (I guess there *IS* a shortage of
dedicated MOHAA servers ;) ) and so far not a problem detected. It's
working fine. Ryan, thanks for a job well done!

I'll put up a site soon with my configuration files and all the things
you need to do get it working, as soon as I've figured out everything.
--

Mens sana non protest vivere in corpore sicco