[mohaa] - cheating protections?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Fri Jul 19 05:54:22 EDT 2002

> I'd just like to know if there will be any cheating protection, or if
> there will be anything that gives de rcon admin access to the client
> info in order to see if he's using any kind of cheat.
> Also is there a way to "lock" some of the game settings to prevent minor
> cheats such as:

I'm not paid enough to fix cheats.  :)

Seriously, if EA plugs any holes, I will make sure the patches make it to
the Linux server, but if it's a hole in the win32 version, it will remain
here, too.

Exceptions are little things, like the sv_chatter cvar...that was an
additional five lines of code, so it was nothing to add it. But fighting
cheaters is an uphill battle, and it should be reserved for the
developers, not the porting dude. Okay, I've explained myself enough.  :)

--ryan.