[mohaa] ...any troubles yet? Here's some:

Matthew Hall leareth at angui.sh
Tue Jul 16 15:49:05 EDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> There's fifty five people on this mailing list, and not a single peep.  :)
>
> Anyone have any thoughts about the MOH:AA server? Any troubles?

My machine: FreeBSD 4.6 w/Linux emulation.

Apparently the filepath searching is broken on FreeBSD w/Linux emulation.

It launches, says it's searching './main' (where everything is), and
then fails to find anything. If I symlink the hardcoded $USER/.mohaa/main
to the proper ./main, things work fine.

I get several errors on launch from pak files, mainly entries complaining
I should add certain lines to some cache.

------ Unloading fgameded.so ------
------- Attempting to load /scratch/mohaa/main/fgameded.so -------
^~^~^ Box data is corrupted for 'models/human/allied_pilot/allied_pilot.skd'
^~^~^ Morph targets data is corrupted for 'models/human/allied_pilot/allied_pilot.skd'
^~^~^ Add the following line to the *_precache.scr map script:
cache models/fx/dummy.tik

Not sure what to do with that.

Other than that, it ran fine overnight, launched fine with Realism
mod and all that. I'm leaving it running now - would like to see
how it does under load.

Does anyone know the command line to limit the number of rounds
in an objective match?

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.
unreal://angui.sh                            | leareth at angui.sh