spearhead update...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Dec 30 21:03:48 EST 2002

...looks like the net protocol changed between Spearhead 2.11 (the latest
released version for win32) and 2.15 (the codedrop I'm working from). It
didn't change much, since I could connect and play from a win32 client,
but the bottom line is a Linux server will not show up in the win32
client's server browser (since it tosses out "incompatible" servers).

Just built a win32 client from my codebase to make sure this isn't a dumb
net interface binding mistake or something, and this is definitely what's
going on.

I'm going to talk to EA and see what the plan is for releasing the next
game client. Looks like there won't be a Linux release tonight. Soon as we
figure this out, we'll move forward.

--ryan.