[mohaa] Server details

Anthony Quon anthonyquon at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 18 14:50:46 EST 2002

ok...from this formula:

Upload speed / ( # of clients * 8 ) = sv_maxrate

u can change it to be sv_maxrate * #clients * 8 = Upload Speed

At least this is what I use since I have alot of bw. I use this just so I
know how much bw I'm going to use up. I just plug in say 9000 * 16 * 8 which
equals to 1.152 mbps for this particular server. Then if I have like 10 of
these that's about 11.52 mbps for 10 servers running. Since these servers
are not running at MAX capacity it's oging to be less than 11 mbps - usually
40% is about right.

For the case of the cable modem example..2100 *16*8 = .268800 mbps is about
right...won't be the best gameplay with your max being 2100 though..hence
the reason why gameservers are not in everyone's home.

BTW call me if you want to coloc your server