[mohaa] uboat fix by crowkings using druid's fixes on moh-linux...

Anthony Quon anthonyquon at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 11:43:58 EST 2002

>Hello Anthony,
>
>I was able to successfully use the patch program to protect my Linux
>server.
>Let me see if I can help.
>
> > 1. copied the fgameded.so and mohaa_lnxded files onto a windows machine
>with
> > the windows moh game installed.
> >

>This is good.  Make sure you have the files in the MOHAA directory on the
>Windows machine prior to running the patch program.
I actually had the linux files in a different directory outside of the EA
Games/mohaa directory - would this possibly cause a problem?

> > 2. ran the patch which did locate the fgameded.so and says that it has
>been
> > patched successfully.
> >

>Make sure you have selected the Linux option when you run the patch
>program.
>It should rename your existing "fgameded.so" file to "fgameded.bak" and
>create a file called "fgameded.so" with today's date.  Both files will be
>the same size.

Yes, I selected linux option and I did get the bak file created from the
original and of the same size.

> > 3. ftp'd the resulting patched file to my moh linux server to replace
>the
> > existing fgameded.so file
> >

>The directions say to place it in your "main" directory but this is
>incorrect.  Put it in the game server root where the original version is
>found.

Yes, I put it in the server root directory and it loads up fine for the file
that I patched...but still exploitable.

> > After these steps, I tried the exploit and was unfortunately able to
>spawn
> > uboat in the middle of a map.
> >

>Once the new file is in place, be sure to restart the server for it to take
>effect.  If you're still having trouble, you can always try Tom Greene's
>patch script located here:
>
>http://cowgod.org/software/mohaa/utilities/linux_spawn_glitch_fix.tar.gz
>
>I haven't tried it personally, but I haven't heard of anyone who has had a
>problem running it.

Yes a restart was done - I will try using this version of the patch and see
what happens.

>Shockwave

Thanks Shockwave