[mohaa] IP requirements

Mike Freeman steve at smjfreeman.gioserve.com
Mon Aug 19 18:23:32 EDT 2002

> What are the IP-firewall requirements for MOHAA?

Not sure. There seem to be a fair few ports used. Perhaps one per game
instance, chosen in a range of allocated ports?

> But there is also something listening at 12300, what's that? Is that
> important?

Block it, and see what happens :) Seriously though, its probably a high
level "Am I a server?" process socket needed for gamespy to include your
server in its list.

> Is MOHAA using also a central server like Q3 where it's announces its
self?
> Which "outbound" ports need it for that?

This depends of server type. I beleive type 1 does report itself to the
gamespy infrastructure, and will be visable in an in game server list.

I think server 2 is more geared toward private parties ;o) It does not
report to gamespy, and keeps its daemons to itself.

Maybe the latter would do away with your mentioned port (12300), as there
would be no master server to report to.

Thats only my current understanding. It's open to correction of course.

Hope this helps,

Mike