[mohaa] expired!

JNagle at franuniv.edu JNagle at franuniv.edu
Mon Aug 19 17:19:15 EDT 2002

For the console sayings you use King Crows Autokick which allows for
announcements, kicking Tkers automatically, filtering of bad names on the
server, and kicking high pingers (adjustable of course). The program can be
found here: http://www.alliedassault.com . I read of a way to make the MOTD
work but its a work around...the MOTD function does not work to my
knowledge.

Zaphod
Leader of MOSS
MOHAA Server: 209.240.4.253

                    Warren
                    Woodward             To:     mohaa at icculus.org
                    <scratch at xmis        cc:
                    sion.com>            Subject:     Re: [mohaa] expired!

                    08/19/2002
                    05:05 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    mohaa

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 09:50:22PM +0100, Mike Freeman wrote:
> Sander,
>
> Thats magic squire. You diamond.
>
> Thank you very much.

I'd like to third this thanks.  We have about 7 or 8 servers on our
network with this code, and they all went tits up this morning (well,
those that were restarted, anyway).  Everyone's happy now.

On to other questions, what's the trick to getting the MOTD to actually
display?  I have this in the config (for one example):

seta g_motd "Welcome to Utah Freakshow!"

But it appears nowhere.  And just to complicate things further, I've seen
some servers that have console announcements periodically.  What's the
nifty swag I gotta strut to make that happen too?

--
warren woodward
XMission DSL
warrenw at xmission.com