[mohaa] Logging?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Aug 19 11:12:23 EDT 2002

> Did we say if there was a way to log what goes on in a server and the stuff
> that is said as well? If so, can we have a detailed explaination of how to
> do this anyone please?

To see chat messages on your server console, set this cvar:

sv_chatter 1

Chat messages will be noted with "(team)" or "(private)", etc. (I forget
the exact text, but it's pretty obvious at runtime.

If you want to see "X killed Y" messages, you'll need to set developer:

developer 2

...but you get a lot of extra debug spew in there.

sv_chatter does NOT need the developer cvar.

(If there's another server revision for the expansion pack, I'll add
sv_showkills to do away with the need for the developer cvar.)

--ryan.