[mohaa] rotations, downloads & etc

Greg Miller gmiller at oei-tech.com
Wed Aug 14 06:51:16 EDT 2002

charles 'wokka' goldsmith wrote:

> Other than hacking up the pk3 files, has anyone been successful with
> multiple game type map rotations?
>
> Also, getting sv_allowdownload to work?  I know this isn't an ideal way to
> get maps, but for those of us who want to run custom maps, its almost a
> must.
>
> Plus not having the ability to use g_motd makes it hard to pass the word
> about custom map packs.
>
> One last question, has anyone seen a bot, supposedly running from a linux
> server, that just advertises in the game, something to replace motd, plus
> put a timed message out to everyone via the in-game chat?  I'm sure this can
> be scripted from the console via tcl or something similar, just looking for
> something already coded (why recreate the wheel :)
>
> thanks!
> wokka

There was a really nice bot someone put out for RTCW called the WAB (Wolfenstein
Admin Bot), than ran in Perl, and swept through your log file every few seconds,
kicking TKers and sending out periodic messages.  You might try tracking down
the person that did that, and see if they can do one for MOHAA.  A thought
anyway.

--
name:Greg C. Miller
title:Systems and Network Administrator/Sr. Analyst
e-mail:gmiller at oei-tech.com
url:http://www.oei-tech.com/
voice:(540) 373-6025
fax:(540) 899-5471