What I learned in Educational Psych 101:

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Aug 14 05:03:31 EDT 2002

> well do you really think they would take the time to prosecute, I don't
> think so. the usual step is to be asked to remove the file first. BTW
> zipping up doesn't do much good they are already pretty packed.

Doing the right thing simply for fear of punishment (and the wrong thing
simply because you can get away with it) is a sign of incomplete
psychological development.

Respecting EA's intellectual property for no other reason than it belongs
to them shows you're higher on the psychological ladder.  :)

Of course you won't get procesecuted immediately (which is why I said
"cease and desist" in the last email), but that doesn't mean you should do
it.

It also doesn't change the fact that it's seven hundred megabytes of
data, which makes it a hefty download anyhow.

--ryan.