[mohaa] logs and further development.

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Aug 8 03:56:22 EDT 2002

> I would Love to see a logging facility which works like halflife's. Do you
> think you would/could do something like this in the future. We've already
> written a little program which reads in logs an dumps the info into a
> database but at this stage in the game all we can read is qconsole.log and
> that gets written over everytime server restarts. It would be superb if we
> could set a log host like halflife.

Probably not going to happen at this point, since the contract is done and
payment is made, but there should be some more MOH:AA development for the
expansion pack. At that point, I'll start collecting suggestions
(PunkBuster support, better logging, etc).

Things like sv_chatter got added because GameAdmins asked for it before
the public beta, and one or two features came along during the beta, but
mostly the goal was to stabilize what was there. Since I've got a lot of
experienced admins on this list, we will open discussion ahead of time for
the expansion.

Stay tuned.

--ryan.