[mohaa] curious behavior

JNagle at franuniv.edu JNagle at franuniv.edu
Wed Aug 7 14:18:47 EDT 2002

Charles is there a big difference in the UNIX commands and Linux commands
in general? Aren't they like 70% compatible?

Zaphod
Leader of MOSS

                    "Charles
                    \"BedMan\"           To:     <mohaa at icculus.org>
                    Bedford"             cc:
                    <bedman at quake        Subject:     RE: [mohaa] curious behavior
                    con.org>

                    08/07/2002
                    01:54 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    mohaa

> Now if only they would relent and start using SysV init scripts ...

AMEN BROTHA!

I'm so used to solaris and hp/ux init scripts that I felt a little like a
fish out of watter with BSD's old school /etc/rc and /etc/rc.local stuff.
Still they have /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*.sh stuff... which is close to sysV...
O well - you can dream :-)

O - btw - I've been a solaris admin for about 6 years, and a unix admin in
general for about 15. ;-)  Oh how nice today is in comparison to SysV r2.2!

     -- Charles