[mohaa] curious behavior

charles 'wokka' goldsmith wokka at justfamily.org
Wed Aug 7 10:59:11 EDT 2002

depends on how much bandwidth you have...  if you are just on a t1, and its
dedicated to you, a maxrate of 6000 or 8000 on both should be fine...  you
can oversubscribe your bandwidth a bit...

but most people don't have a full t1 dedicated to their server... and if you
are on sdsl 1.5 or similar, don't count on maintaining 1.5 all the time,
just never works out... sometimes it does, but not consistently.

personally i colocate my servers, it costs, and mine costs about the same as
a sdsl 1.5 ($275 a month), but I'm sitting on several very big pipes and
have 50 gigs of bandwidth to use every month (that's how I pay for my
bandwidth)

wokka