[mohaa] Server Faq

Greg Miller gmiller at oei-tech.com
Thu Aug 1 14:10:22 EDT 2002

Michael Roark wrote:

> I have similar problems. I can get the server to run. Status command
> returns which map is loaded however no one can connect to my server. I'm
> not sure whats up. The machine is not behind a fire wall and there are no
> acl's on the rounter which would block access to that port.

Is the the machine multi-homed?  If it is then you need to specify the NIC on
which you want the server to respond by using the +set net_ip x.x.x.x
If you are running it on some other port than 12203, then you need to specify
that as well using +set net_port yourportnum
And lastly, if you are running it for LAN access, use +set dedicated 1, if
you are running it for Internet access use +set dedicated 2

--
name:Greg C. Miller
title:Systems and Network Administrator/Sr. Analyst
e-mail:gmiller at oei-tech.com
url:http://www.oei-tech.com/
voice:(540) 373-6025
fax:(540) 899-5471