Why XEmacs rules

benjcarson at digitaljunkies.ca benjcarson at digitaljunkies.ca
Wed May 15 12:59:37 EDT 2002

> There's a whole lot of new shortcuts and commands you need to learn
> though. emacs is quite a bit different than vim

Not to worry though, the built-in tutorial in emacs (and probably xemacs
too) is pretty good at getting you started and it doesn't take too long.
The worst thing for beginners is that by default backspace is actually the
help key (you can fix that pretty easily tho).

There's an excellent printable cheat sheet at www.refcards.com (there
actually have both xemacs and emacs cards).  I use emacs for practically
everything now, it's a wicked app...

Benj