[manticore] 3d graphics multiprocessor

Jeff Mrochuk mrochuk at ee.ualberta.ca
Tue Jun 18 19:18:39 EDT 2002

I've actually had someone recommend we try using a RISC processor for
vertex operations (all the floating point stuff) and I think its quite a
good idea.

Memory on the other hand in our system is handled entirely parallel to
everything else.  Fill rate (like you said) is really important, so we
have our own memory controller which is running all the time, unlike say
a microprocessor which does things sequentially.

Basically adding a microprocessor for math and other tasks would be
helpful if the clock was fast enough to keep ahead of the rendering
core.

Something to look at.

-Jeff