[manticore] Architecture etc.

Jeff Mrochuk mrochuk at ee.ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 5 22:45:24 EDT 2002

At the moment we're not really sure what the next logical feature is.
The main issue now is that because project was originally done for
school, it had deadlines.  The limited time available let to some ugly
code and hackish stuff.

Right now me and benj are trying to clean up the code base, so it'll be
much more organized for other developers to contribute.

Unfortunately all the documentation available is what is on the site,
although the code is usually well commented. Our current goals that
aren't really spoken for are these:

   4. develop PCI interface (Or interface with an existing one)
   5. add normal support to the rasterizer (facing/backfacing
information + basic lighting)
   6. implement vertex lighting
   7. implement texture mapping
   8. add 2D support (lines, basic polygons, hardware cursor)
   9. develop board design

If you'd like to help out in anyway it'd be greatly appreciated, these
are all fairly long term and a lot of work.  The only problem is that
trying to work on these at the moment may be difficult since the base
is being changed.

Jeff