[lokisetup] SOLVED: building loki_patch - undefined references to g_assertion_message_expr, g_return_if_fail_warning, etc...

Lars Uffmann lars at uffmann.name
Thu Jul 1 17:59:43 EDT 2010

Okay, I finally worked all they way through my problems with loki_patch:
I am trying to install Unreal Tournament 2003 from CD - and the only
Loki installer script that I found for this is the following:
 ut2003_2225beta3-multilanguage.update.run
found on: http://www.liflg.org/?catid=6&gameid=70

After building loki_patch in the below described way, executing the
installer script would give me a segmentation fault at some point. I
messed with the script a bit so it wouldn't delete it's temporary files,
and found the instruction that caused the segfault:
 loki_patch --verify patch.dat

So I ran that through gdb and did a stackdump, seeing that the segfault
happened in loki_patch.c, line 72:
 install = get_product_root(patch->product, path, (sizeof path));

I checked the source of this function, being registry.c, and saw that it
only returns NULL if the product is not found. So I commented out the
line 72 in loki_patch.c and added a line
 install = NULL; // patch by Lars to fix segfault

Built that and - voilá - I can finally run the ut2003 script, and it
will just ask me for a product installation path later on.

However, it seems that this would only apply an update (which makes
perfect sense with the filename) to an already installed ut2003, not
install the game itself? Unlike the UT99 and UT2004 installers (though
for Ut2004 I used the one shipped with the DVD)?

What a pity :( Has anyone installed UT2003 and played it? I liked it a
little better than UT2004, although, admitted, the difference is not
that big...

Best Regards,

  Lars

PS: Fullquote appended on purpose, for solution archiving - if anyone
else runs into this problem...