[lokisetup] Problem with Installing LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English in Linux

Behnam B.Marandi blixbox at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 10:04:07 EDT 2007

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
>
>>> This installation doesn't support glibc-2.0 on Linux / x86_64
>>>
>> I'm pretty sure it pulls the "x86_64_ part from the "uname -m" command
>> in a script, so you might be able to fake it out and tell it that you're
>> running i686 instead.
>>
>> The installation developer can make a symlink from x86_64 to x86 in the
>> setup.data/bin/Linux directory.
>>
>> If they used a really really new version of loki_setup, you might be
>> able to run the installer with "-arch x86" to work around it.
>>

> 'linux32' or 'setarch' can be used to change the personality the kernel
> reports.
>
> $ uname -m
> x86_64
> $ linux32 uname -m
> i686
>
> cu
> Ludwig

So, what about this:

"

# linux32 sh linux/installation.sh

# Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Standard input is not a terminal!
The setup program seems to have failed on x86/glibc-2.0

Please contact Loki Technical Support at support at lokigames.com
The program returned an error code (1)
"

Again I guess there is a package which stops the installer cause someone
installed this bundle without using linux32 or something with same Linux
distribution on same architecture.