[lokisetup] Multi CD's/DVD directions ?

James Munn jmunnster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:41:04 EST 2006

	Thanks a ton for your input, I don't have any programming
experience, yet. I guess I will stick to just creating the key file
manually :) That is pretty much everything for me....the installer is
running nicely :)
	Now I just have to wait until Croteam is done beta testing the
SS2 Client and then I can release the Installer officially, I just
wanted to keep a head of the game with out crossing the Licensing
line :)

- - Thanks again Ryan/Gary and keep up the efforts :)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:23:15 -0500
Chunky Kibbles <chunky at icculus.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 10:37:46AM -0500, James Munn wrote:
> > Any idea where I can get the VCDK binary from ?
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /usr/bin/true
>
> I think the idea is that you'd write your own, which would validate
> your specific format of CDKeys.
>
> Gary (-;
>
> > - Jim

> > >This is a bit hacky and wasn't ever documented, I don't think...it
> > >was wedged in there for UT2003 on the Mac, and UT2004 on Linux.
> > >
> > >In the "install" tag, add a "cdkey" attribute with the path where
> > >the CD key will be written:
> > >
> > >     <!-- Mac version has this... -->
> > >     cdkey="Unreal Tournament 2004.app/System/cdkey"
> > >
> > >The installer will prompt for it. If there is a binary called
> > >"vcdk" in the same place as the setup binary, it will run that
> > >(with argv[1] set to the key the user entered) to validate the
> > >key. If the vcdk process returns zero, the key is invalid and the
> > >installer will prompt the user again. If it returns non-zero, it's
> > >valid and life goes on...the key is written to the file specified.
> > >
> > >--ryan.
> > >

> > --
> > Jim Munn
> > Ottawa, Ontario