[lokisetup] New feature : boolean variables and expressions

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Fri Mar 31 12:02:50 EST 2006

Stéphane Peter wrote:
> [...]
> > You could also just use xml to represent that expression. You don't
> > need an additional parser then.
>
> Good point, although I tend to prefer simple strings to replace the
> existing system in place, which was already a string with a command
> to call. We would also have to worry about children XML nodes in many
> places where we didn't expect much more than attributes before, which
> would complicate things further and certainly introduce more bugs. ;)

It would be the same. If I understand your description correctly you
do <bool name="foo">+(|(redhat,suse),x86)<bool>. If you use xml
instead it would be something like
<bool name="foo">
  <and>
    <or>
      <distro>redhat</distro>
      <distro>suse</distro>
    <or>
    <arch>x86</arch>
  </and>
<bool>

Not exactly the most compact way to define an expression but it fits
better into the rest of the file.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development