[lokisetup] macos X installer status

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Nov 11 11:35:41 EST 2004

> At my job we are producing multiplatform applications, and we use loki
> for the linnux version, which is fine. But we would like to use it also
> for macosX. I have made some test months ago, and it was very unstable.
> What is now the status of the macosX version ?

The following commercial Mac titles are known to ship with loki_setup:

Unreal Tournament 2003
Unreal Tournament 2004
Postal 2
Tron 2.0
Shrek 2
Spider-Man 2
Indiana Jones and the Emporer's Tomb
America's Army

(and probably others). Shrek 2 had different versions of the installer
localized for French and German locales on different versions of the
disc. America's Army was a download-only installer, but the rest are
retail CDs.

Loki_setup on the Mac works a little differently from Linux in subtle
ways, but is largely the same, and can also be a little difficult to get
building, since you need to get libxml1 installed. Somewhere around the
Shrek 2 timeframe (a few months ago), I made a _lot_ of fixes to the Mac
port.

--ryan.