uninstall script bug ... well, at least an undocumented "feature" ;-)

Daniel Aleksandrow dandandaman at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 5 22:13:23 EST 2004

Don't worry Ludwig, I'm not quite as clueless on this one ... I know
what is happening, just not sure whether it is intended this way ;-)

I have two scripts which I added to the Music component, as postinstall
and preuninstall/postuninstall (which of these two shouldn't matter).

They are in the right place, and referenced properly (and are executable
.. took me a bit to work out they needed this ;-) )...

Indeed, when I install the component the postinstall script runs, and
does what it needs to.

But when I go to uninstall the component, the uninstall script doesn't
run at all!  I know it isn't a problem with the script, as I then
execute it line by line and it all works (the echo I have in the script
never occurs when I uninstall).

I wondered if it would occur at all, so I just ran the uninstaller
without any arguments .... sure enough, the script ran and uninstalled
(or at least tried to uninstall, cause I'd already removed them) the
modified files.

So, I'm guessing that the preuninstall/postuninstall scripts don't work
for the component package like music is?

If this is a feature and not a bug, then 1) why? and 2) how can I change
it ;-)

Thanks

	Dan.a