[lokisetup] CDkey prompting...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Mar 3 06:12:07 EST 2004

> > I s'pose this is a bit hair-brained... but it seemed
> > appropriate.

Oh, that's not hair-brained, I just misunderstood.

The cheapest solution is to move this out of the <install> tag and into
the <option> tag, so you can have subsections of the program that prompt
for CD key, but that might not be a perfect fit; Stephane's solution
with shell scripts will be better overall, depending on the time you are
willing to spend with it.

Other points I mispoke on:
1) I said the external program can approve a blank key, but the GTK+ UI
actually disables the "continue" button when your text entry field is
blank. This is a trivial change, though. The dialog_ui and console_ui
probably don't care, I think carbon_ui does. What a mess.

2) As for pipes, I'm not changing it for UT2004, but there ARE some
trivial ways to fool the program, since you're text entry is passed
unmolested to the shell. It might be better to pipe the text to avoid
having to escape sensitive characters...for now, though, I'd say "just
don't do that".  :)

--ryan.