Memory leak fixes in setupdb and setup

Stephane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Thu Apr 29 21:26:46 EDT 2004

I just committed a bunch of fixes to memory management in both
loki_setupdb and loki_setup. Basically the root of this problem is that
in libxml, xmlGetProp() returns a malloced string, that needs to be
explicitly deallocated. This just came to my attention recently when
running valgrind on some of my projects, and I started to clean up
setup as well.

Unfortunately we really abuse this function all over the code. Setupdb
should be mostly clean now, but loki_setup is going to be a royal pain
to fix. I only fixed the most easy functions so far. On the other hand,
the urge is not too strong since it's an installer and the user usually
doesn't have time to notice the leaks...

Anyway, if you notice any weirdness in the current CVS snapshot, please
let me know.

--
Stéphane Peter
megastep at megastep.org