[lokisetup] setup on OSX ignores button clicks

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Tue Oct 21 15:04:14 EDT 2003

> Setup starts up fine (launched from an xterm, with X11 active and proper
> xhost / DISPLAY etc.), displays the license prompt, but you can't click
> any button. The visual feedback shows the 'Cancel' or 'Accept' button
> being pushed, but nothing happens, no going to next screen..

You can't start it from the command line. Carbon GUI apps don't get an
event queue or something strange like that if started from the Terminal.

Start it from the finder, or use "open loki_setup.app" from the
Terminal. stdio output can then be read with the "Console" application
in the Applications/Utility folder.

I don't know if there's a way to work around this in the application.

--ryan.