some patches for patch and update

John Quigley jmquigs at bigfoot.com
Sun Mar 23 09:56:34 EST 2003

Here are some patches that came out of my use of setup/update/patch.  Do what
you will with these ;)

lpatch-errorfix.patch:
- fixed compiler error due to changed interface in setupdb

lupdate-prefix.patch:
- changed some hardcoded ".loki" strings to LOKI_DIRNAME

lupdate-productfix.patch
- fixed bug with loki update when you specify product on command line.  It was
using "PRODUCT" and not "product", which caused it to check for updates to
itself instead of your desired product.

lupdate-snarfhttp.patch
- Fixed bug in snarf. If you use loki update to download a patch, and the
whole patch comes down but the patch fails, the next time you run loki update
for the same patch you will get a cryptic http error.

The problem is that when snarf tries to resume a download but it already has
all the bytes for the file, it passes up a Range header that causes the
server to respond with "416 Requested range not satisfiable".  Snarf treats
this like an fatal error, but I don't think it is.  Wget, which passes up the
exact same range header in this case, does not treat it as such.  The http
spec seems a bit unclear on this.

I solved the problem by modifing http.c so that if it gets a 416, it
checks the content range header for the file size.  If it is the same as the
local cached file size, it does not treat it as an error.

I sent this patch to the maintainer of snarf but the mail got bounced.