[lokisetup] loki_patch nightmares continue...

Mike Phillips msphil at widomaker.com
Wed Jan 1 14:15:08 EST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> Perhaps the static linking is causing problems with the exact thing it
> was meant to avoid?

For the LGP versions, we are now using an altered link line which
statically links the bulk of the libraries (i.e. $CONSOLE_LIBS), but
leaves off the -static.

So far, it's worked fine on glibc 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3, although I expect the
one used with ut2k3 is getting wider distribution at this point (and thus
is turning up more problems).  I have one built this way
--with-vendor=loki at http://www.icculus.org/~msphil/loki/x86/ which might
be worth experimenting with to see if it's a path worth going down.

Mike Phillips, msphil at widomaker.com